Saturday, February 14, 2015

Dreams.

I was running at night, running with someone, but I can't remember who. At one point I was on a bus with my brother, and in an unfamiliar city with a group of friends, but that was before this. Here I was, running along a straight and narrow and moderately lit dirt path, both sides veering down into the darkness, and I suddenly look down and realize I am looking at my bare feet. I must've forgotten my shoes somewhere. A while back, the road was muddy, and we had to slow down and job with a little more care. Maybe it was there I took my shoes off? Maybe I took them off passing through a gym. I remember the gym was very nice with foam floors. I told my friend that I would catch up with her later, and began to retrace my steps.

Running alone, everything was so quiet now, so late at night, I was adjusting to this solo journey that I suddenly had to embark on. I didn't even know how far I have to go to find my shoes, I had no recollection of taking them off. The uncertainty made me feel a bit afraid. I kept running, eyes alert and on the lookout.

Running alone, I stared off into the darkness, then stared in front of the long path - there was a tractor working late at night, kicking up dust. I closed my eyes and held my breath.

Suddenly I looked down, and I was wearing shoes. A pair of dusty, but still white, running shoes.

No comments: