Sunday, February 5, 2012

Conversations.

These past few days I grew a little. I chose to do the right thing for myself instead of the one that would've been the easy way out. One of those decisions I would've messed up on at a younger age, a year ago even.

My brother sent me a one-sentence email telling me that he feels like how I felt a year ago. Like I was gonna die here, he said. Let's talk about it later, I replied. That night, we skyped. We exchanged perfunctory remarks, let our webcams run, and continued clcking and typing away at our computers. Neither of us made a mention of this afternoon's topic. But I guess we didn't have to. Sometimes conversations happen without words; sometimes you can feel better without needing to hear any supporting assurances. After half an hour, I broke the silence by saying I needed to take a shower. Me too, he said, and laughed. I felt like my job was done.

No comments: