Monday, August 15, 2011

It's official.

I'm moving to Toronto.

Back in July, they flew me to Toronto for the day. Had to allocate some time for studying for the interview and the day itself under guise of "taking a much-needed vacation".

My interview lasted 5 hours. After 4 hours they started asking me if I needed a break, because I had been going at it non-stop for so long. At that point, I asked them to continue, as in, I'm fine, just ask the questions and I'll reply what I can reply. I was tired, and I really wanted to go back on the plane home (which got delayed by the way, sigh).

So in the end, I will maintain two apartments, one in Montreal and one in Toronto. One for my brother in Montreal, one for me in Toronto, which will be sweet, because I'll always have a place to stay whenever I am back in town (which will probably be often). I'm glad my new job allows me to have this arrangement and I hope to god my brother's school fees will not be the death of me (since I am ALSO paying for that).

In other news, spent the entire weekend plus the thursday prior in a sleep-addled state (Saturday I missed my metro stop because I zoned out on the metro), preparing for Matsuri Japon 2011. It was a big success (6000 people attended!), and all that running around was well worth it because I met some really awesome people and got to pig out on okonomiyaki, curry rice, and sapporo beer :) Now full attention towards my mural project and hopefully it turns out just as well.

Have 7 appointments lined up this weekend to choose the right place for me to live in Toronto. Hopefully I can make a decision this weekend so my mind can finally kick back in its chair and relax.


No comments: